|Stoney Nakoda Child & Family Services – Eden Valley, AB
|Job ID #
Under the direct supervision of the Case Worker Supervisor, the Caseworker ensures the rights and safety of children are safeguarded in a healthy, cultural environment. Working with the families, the Assessor, and community agencies to improve the quality of life, the Caseworker will endeavor to preserve the language and culture of Stoney-Nakoda, while incorporating the Casework Practice Model.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing assessment of children youth and families, case planning and provision of/or management of, services and interventions.
- Engage families, help them to understand their situation, and work with them to address issues causing the child to need intervention.
- You will have considerable independence and are expected to consult with the supervisor at identified decision points of the Casework Practice Model providing rationale for their recommendations.
- Maintain decision making consideration for the child, youth and their family and the worker’s professional judgment within the parameters of Acts, Regulations, Policies and Standards and philosophy of the Casework Practice Model.
- Assess Risk/safety factors
- Ability to work with non-voluntary families
- Positive Engagement and work with service providers, CFSA’s, DFNA’s, hospitals, RCMP
- Development and ongoing review of the concurrent plan
- Court preparation and attendance
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- The strongest applicants will have a MSW or a BSW with some related experience.
- a related university degree or diploma plus several year of related experience working with families and children will be considered
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in the following Acts:
- Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act and Regulations
- Family Law Act
- Protection of Sexually Exploited Children Act
- Freedom of Information and Privacy Act
- Family Supports for Children with Disabilities Act
- Drug Endangered Children Act
- Protection Against Family Violence Act
- Protection of Children Abusing Drugs Act
- Youth Criminal Justice Act
- Criminal Code
- Mental Health Act
- School Act
- Indian Act
- Dependent Adult Act
- Alberta Health Act
- Microsoft Word and Basic Computer skills
- Stoney-Nakoda Culture and traditions
Conditions of Employment
- Criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector
- Child Intervention check
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
Interested applicants may forward their resume or application form to:
Stoney Tribal Administration
C/O Stoney Nakoda Human Resources
Fax: (403) 881-2677 or Email: email@example.com
Stoney Nakoda Nations adheres to Section 1-9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for candidate shortlisting and displacement. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.