With the recent spike in COVID cases and the new Alberta Government measures, Nakoda Emergency Management is directing that the following measures take place. These will be implemented until a reduction in active cases allow the Government of Alberta to ease their restrictions. This will not be easy but we ask your cooperation during these difficult times. We must all work together to keep our numbers low and keep everyone safe.
So far we have done very well.
Please keep up the good work!
The following is a summary and includes both AHS and Stoney measures. For complete AHS information go to the Alberta Health Services Website at: www.albertahealthservices.ca
New measures at a glance as of November 25th,2020
|Measures||All Alberta||Enhanced (Purple) Areas||Calgary Area||Edmonton Area|
|No indoor social gatherings in any setting||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Outdoor gatherings (max of 10)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wedding and funeral services max of 10, no receptions permitted||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|No festivals or events||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Grade 7-12 at home learning Nov 30 to Jan 11 (Specific to Stoney)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ECS-Grade 6 at-home Dec 16-Jan 11 (Specific to Stoney)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Working from home should be considered, where possible||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Places of worship at 1/3 normal attendance with mandatory masking||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Restricted access to some businesses starting Nov 27||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mandatory masks for indoor workplaces||No||No||Yes||Yes|
What this means:
Travelling off Nation
- Only leave for essential needs (groceries, medicine and water).
- Go with the minimum amount of people necessary.
- Only one person goes in any store or business.
- Leave children at home.
- No social gatherings outside of your community*
All of Alberta including Morley, Eden Valley and Bighorn
Mandatory restriction – Provincewide – effective Nov. 24
Indoor and Outdoor gatherings
- No indoor social gatherings are permitted in any setting (private homes, public spaces or workplaces)
- Indoor close contacts must be limited to people in the same household
- People who live alone can have up to the same 2 non-household contacts for the duration of the restriction
- Work and support group meetings are not social gatherings, but attendance should be limited and public health measures followed
- This does not apply to service visits from caregivers, health or child care providers
- Outdoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people and must not have an indoor component
- Backyard gatherings that require movement in/out of homes are not permitted
- Attendees should remain distanced at all times and follow public health measures
- Festivals and events are prohibited (indoors and outdoors)
Weddings and funerals
- Maximum of 10 people for wedding ceremonies or funeral services
- This includes the officiant, bride/groom and witnesses
- This does not include staff or organizers who are not considered an invited guest
- This applies to any facility, including places of worship and funeral homes.
- This includes services held indoors or outdoors, seated or non-seated.
- Receptions are not permitted
Places of worship
- Places of worship with a maximum of 1/3 normal attendance and held at normal location, including rental spaces like a community hall
- Physical distancing between households must be maintained
- Mask use is mandatory
- Online services are encouraged
- In-person faith group meetings can continue but physical distancing and public health measures must be followed
Faith communities are often significant aspects of people’s lives, and include intimate and close contact between members. This measure will help limit exposure at these activities, reducing outbreaks and protecting vulnerable members who attend.
Masks are mandatory in all indoor workplaces, except when working alone in an office or a safely distanced cubicle or an appropriate barrier is in place
- This applies to all employees, visitors, delivery personnel and contractors
- This includes all locations where employees are present and masks won’t pose a safety risk
- This does not change current student mask requirements in schools
- Additional Stoney measures
- Mask wearing is mandatory in public and all Stoney indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Limit social gatherings inside your home. *
- Limit of 3 cohorts, plus child care
- Mask use required in all indoor workplaces except if you are alone in an office or room.
- Only Stoney band members, approved non-members, essential services, first responders and employees/contractors are permitted to enter or stay on the reserve.
- Unauthorized visitors will be asked to leave.
- Band members must follow all government and health authority requirements and regulations.
- Funerals and wakes must follow Alberta Health Services guidelines.
*No social gatherings inside your home or outside of your community.
Social gatherings are currently a key driver of COVID-19 spread in Alberta.
- Do not hold social gatherings inside your home. Instead, socialize outdoors or in structured settings, like restaurants or other business that are subject to legal limits and take steps to prevent transmission.
- Do not move social gatherings to communities with no restrictions as it puts you and others at risk