|Labour Market Program Manager
|Eden Valley, AB
Reporting to the Manager of Community Wellness, the Labour Market Manager is responsible for administering the Eden Valley ISETS Program which includes both General Labour Market and Youth Programs as well as overseeing the Eden Valley Career and Employment Centre (EVCEC).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads/coordinates/participates in strategic, operational, and financial planning for the Labour Market Development Program and EVCEC.
- Manages programs and services that meet the needs within the community as outlined in Approved Annual Work Plans.
- Works with the band to develop programs and services that meet the needs of community members who reside in Eden Valley.
- Ensures that the terms of the agreements, including client eligibility, financial terms and conditions, reporting and data record keeping requirements are met.
- Monitors, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all activities to ensure maximum performance outcomes.
- Recommends Individual Funding applications for final approval or declination after assessing the applications.
- Explains the Labour Market Program, including eligibility, to potential partners, sponsors and clients, growing the circle of stakeholders and stakeholder interest in the program.
- Develops and promotes working level partnerships.
- Prepares cash flow forecasts based on annual allocation and monitors for variances/discrepancies, taking corrective action in a timely fashion.
- Monitors the Eden Valley Labour Market Program, eliminating slippage or over expenditures by taking corrective action and making amendments as required in conjunction with Community Futures Treaty Seven.
- Performs closeout activities on completed projects to ensure that all monies and assets have been utilized and surplus does not exist.
- Ensures activities, performance targets, and reporting requirements as outlined in the funding agreements are met.
- Develops and submits reports (financial, narrative) to funding agencies based on their criteria, expectations, and timelines.
- Ensures data is entered into the T7 Data Base accurately and on a timely basis.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years education and transferrable work-related experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of the cultural uniqueness within the Treaty 7 Territory is an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Work and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Exceptional understanding of accounting theory, practices, and budgeting.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including good listening and coaching skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills.
Interested applicants may forward their resume or application form on or before March 1, 2024 to:
Stoney Tribal Administration
C/O Stoney Nakoda Human Resources
Fax: (403) 881-2677 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stoney Nakoda Nations adheres to Section 1-9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for candidate shortlisting and displacement. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.